SUMMER EFFICIENCY TIPS
With a few simple changes, you can lower your electric bill and help your local cooperative provide power at the lowest possible rate.
Here are few energy saving tips to help you cut costs and stay cool this summer.
• Set air conditioner temp above 72º
• Use ceiling fans when you’re in the room.
• Turn off ceiling fans when you leave the room
• Install a programmable thermostat
• Installing a smart thermostat is even better
• Clean vents
• Seal cracks and openings
• Clean or replace filters
• Consider LED lighting
• Close window blinds during the day
• Open windows on cool nights
• Set water heater temp to 120º
• Wash clothes in cold water
• Run dishwasher and dryer at night
• Unplug electronics when not in use
• Keep lamps or TV sets away from thermostat
• Planting shade trees
• Avoid using your oven
• Grill outside or use the microwave