Electric Heating Equipment Rebate:
Members may be eligible to receive a $600 cash payment for the installation of an energy star electric heat pump system. The structure must receive electric service from Central Electric and each structure is limited to one rebate.
To receive your rebate, you must notify Central Electric Cooperative that you have installed an energy star heat pump system. A dedicated meter will be installed on your electric heat pump system so that you can receive a discount electric rate for the operation of you new heat pump system.
Low Interest Loan:
Low interest loans are available to qualifying members who are installing new electric heating equipment or are completing a weatherization project that has been recommended by a qualifying energy audit.
The 5% loan is available upon application from the member and approval by Central Electric's Board of Directors. The maximum loan amount is the lesser of $20,000 or 80% of the cost of the installation for up to an 84 month term. Collateral for the loan is required to be mortgage on the property. Minimum monthly payment is $50 plus interest.
Water Heating Rebates:
Members may be eligible to receive a rebate of $9 per gallon provided the water meets the following requirements:
1) Minimum capacity of 55 gallons with minimum 10 year tank warranty (or lifetime manufacturer's warranty against leakage);
2) Connected to cooperative load management program for minimum of 4 years;
4) A rebate has not been paid on a 'lifetime' warranty water heater at this location in the past 15 years.
For more information on water heater rebates and pricing, view our Water Heaters page.
Third-Party Irrigation or Grain Bin Dryer Management Systems:
Members may be eligible to receive a $750 rebate for a third-party remote managed irrigation and/or grain dryer systems provided that it meets the following minimum requirements:
1) Connected to cooperative load management program;
2) New system eliminates the need for an East River load control receiver;
3) Able to ingest automated notice from East Rive of shed and restore via email, text, or voice;
4) Provide less than 15-minute latency from East River email to load shed/restore;
5) Device must be installed on an irrigation or grain dryer system served by Central Electric providing 100% of electric power and energy.
If a consumer who received a rebate discontinues third-party control within 5 years and request an East River control to be re-installed, the consumer is required to pay for a new East River receiver up to $500.
For information on potential third-party management systems, contact our cooperative.
Non-Residential Lighting Incentives:
Energy Efficient lighting incentives are available to commercial and agricultural retail customers of Central Electric Cooperative. These incentives are for replacement lighting systems only.
By replacing or retrofitting old or inefficient lighting systems, you could cut your lighting costs by 30 to 60 percent. Lighting technologies developed in the past ten years offer greater efficiency, better light quality and longer life span.
For information, contact our cooperative.