Operation Round-Up® Awards $12,000 to Local Organizations
The Central Electric Cooperative Operation Round-Up program awarded $12,000 to nine local organizations after the Board of Trustees meeting on May 14, 2019.
Recipients include the following:
1) Campbell Strawbale Museum in Carthage, $1,000 for flooring repairs;
2) Gann Valley Community Center, $750 for ceiling tile replacement;
3) Jerauld County Trap Club, $2,000 for protective hearing equipment;
4) Kimball Economic Development Association; $900 for basketball hoops at the park;
5) Lake Hanson Association, $700 for a siren;
6) Miner County 4-H, $1,050 for outdoor facility lighting;
7) Miner County Youth Shooting Association, $2,000 for a new clubhouse;
8) Plankinton Ambulance Association, $2,200 for hand-held radios; and
9) Helping with Horsepower, $1,400 for barn ventilation.
The Board of Trustees reviewed 16 applications totaling more than $60,000 in funding requests. The next Operation Round-Up deadline is November 1, 2019.
Since the program’s initiation in 2015, Operation Round-Up has awarded over $84,500 to local projects and organizations. Operation Round-Up grants are funded by Central Electric members who voluntarily round-up their electric bill to the nearest dollar. For more information about the program, visit the Operation Round-Up page or call 800-477-2892.