Skip to main navigation.

Apply for Service

Central Electric Cooperative serves the rural areas of Aurora, Brule, Buffalo, Davison, Hanson, Jerauld, Miner and Sanborn counties in South Dakota.

Add Service as a New Member:

  • To begin service with Central Electric Cooperative, print out the membership form below or fill out the online form. All fields need to be completed.
  • Provide either a credit check or a deposit. To run a credit check, call our office with your social security number. The deposit fee will be calculated specific to the location. The deposit will equal two times the 12 month average at that location, with a minimum fee of $100.


Get the Application:

Mail, deliver or fax the form to our Mitchell office.


Already a Member:

If you are planning to build a new home or business and need service, please call Tim Johnson, Staking Technician with the legal description, size of service and type of load. Call at 1-800-477-2892 or 605-996-7516.


Change in Service:

If you need to make any changes to your account or current service, please stop in the Central Electric office in Mitchell or contact us as soon as possible.


Terminate Service:

Before you move or discontinue service with Central Electric you will need to provide us with the date you want the service disconnected, your new mailing address so we can send your final bill or credit and if possible the name of the person(s) who will be moving onto the service. After you move, please keep Central Electric Cooperative updated on your address changes for future capital credit payments.


Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo
Coop Connections Card - Show It and Save Better Business Bureau Accredited Rural Electric Economic Development (REED Fund)